Sunday, October 11, 2009

Shan's Birthday in Park City!


Happy Birthday Shannon!! Back in August...haha she turned the big 18!! We celebrated by going up to Park City to redeem some some Zipline tickets that she'd won in High School! First of all, actually getting to Park City was quite the adventure....me, being the expert navigator, succeeded in getting us lost before we even got to Parley's Canyon. That is really pathetic, because, you know, I've lived in Salt Lake for two years now and you'd think that I'd know my way around by now. Think again. It probably took us 30 minutes longer than it should've to actually get up there. But the point is, we got there!! :D The first think we did was wander around the Olympic Musem they have up there! It was really neat - I wish I would've realized in 2002 just how neat it was to have the Olympics here in my own backyard. But I was only in 7th grade, so I really didn't care much. Oh well, what can ya do. Anyway, at the museum we had fun exploring all the hands on things they had there, like the bobsled, the face cutout posters, and the torch mounted on the wall!! Good times :)
After exploring the museum from top to bottom, we headed down to try out the Zipline! On the way, we got distracted by this outdoor pool where people were practicing free-style ski jumping! It was so cool, they'd fly off the jumps and land in the pool! I don't think I could ever do that, it's too scary!! Haha oh wow, I just realized something...I would be willing to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, but too scared to try out ski jumping...there's something wrong with that...
Anyway, on to the Zipline!! It was really long and really fast and really fun!! The picture of Shannon and me is at the bottom of the Zipline, just after we'd gotten off! It was so great! We also had tickets to do the Alpine Slide, so we did that next! Also very fun! I don't know if it was worth what we would've had to pay had we not had the free tickets, but it was still fun!! I would definitely recommend trying it at least once :)
After our adventures at Olympic Park, we headed down to the outlet stores to get some lunch and do some shopping!! We spent most of the time there at our favorite store - Aeropostale - and then we headed back home! We struggled a little bit trying to navigate Salt Lake's "spaghetti bowl" on the way, but we figured it out and made it home in one piece. It was most definitely a fantastic day :)














No comments: