Sunday, October 11, 2009

DISNEYLAND!!!

This trip was definitely the highlight of my summer. Shannon and I had so much fun together!! We just decided one day - at one o clock in the morning, to be exact - that we wanted to take a trip! We booked our hotel and airplane tickets - and THEN we told our parents - and everything worked out smoothly! We totally want to go back - in fact, we would totally be content to live in Disneyland for the rest of our lives.
We stayed in the Holiday Express Inn and Suites in Garden Grove. It was a great hotel, I was totally impressed with the staff and service we received. I was nervous at first when I learned that we'd have to take a shuttle to and from the park each day, but that wasn't a problem at all!! We came to love the shuttle drivers. They were all so friendly! They'd strike up a conversation with us every time we got on the bus. By the end of our trip, we were on a first name basis with almost all of the drivers!
So we were there for 4 days, bouncing back and forth from Disneyland to California Adventure. It was SO much fun, I can't stress that enough!! Our favorite rides were Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Soarin' over California, and California Screamin'!! We also loved the new Toy Story ride, that's actually more of a game than a ride. Our days consisted of waking up at about 8, getting ready, heading down to the complementary breakfast, catching the shuttle to the park, then playing all day til about 11 at night!! The first night we were there, we were lucky enough to be able to meet up with a friend who works at the park! Jared was able to show us all kinds of tricks to getting on rides faster!! Never ever ever again will I ride Indiana Jones unless I go through the single-rider line!! It's so much faster, even than having a Fast Pass!! Jared was also able to get us VIP seats to the fireworks, right in front of the castle! It was soooo awesome...and I totally want Tinkerbell's job someday. I'm just sayin'. Anyway, I'm really glad we were able to meet up with Jared!! We had a lot of fun with him that first night.
Another of our favorite shows to watch was the Fantasmic watershow at night! It was too incredible even for words...I guess those of you who don't know what I'm talking about it will just have to take a trip to Disneyland to see it :) I HIGHLY recommend it, and I highly recommend that you take me with you.
Shannon and I had an absolute BLAST. We were SO not ready to come home after 4 days. We could have happily spent another ten there.
Oh, while in Disneyland, my foot contracted some wannabe staff infection....on the third day we were there, I was getting out of the shower when I looked down and noticed some red bumps on my foot! That's never a good sign...anyway, it was still there when we got home, so I went to the doctor and they told me they were pretty sure it was staff infection, but they sent a culture up to the lab anyway and sent me home with a prescription. Well, two days later when I went back to here the verdict, turns out it WASN'T staff infection. It was only wannabe staff infection. It's gone now, but to this day I still don't have any idea what it was...
Anyway, back to Disneyland. It was probably one of the funnest trips I have ever been on!! End of story. Shannon and I are already brainstorming for possible trips next year. These pictures are just a glimpse of the good times we had. If you want to see the rest, check facebook. :D

No comments: