Sunday, October 11, 2009

Pioneer Day!


Pioneer this year was a lot of fun! Well, at least towards the evening it was fun...I actually don't remember doing anything too exciting in the morning...I even think I slept through like half the parade...Shannon had come down to Salt Lake the night before to hang out, and our intentions were to actually GO to the parade to watch it, but that didn't happen. Maybe next year. Anyway, so we came home to Layton and decided that we wanted to make a trip up to Ogden to watch the fun rodeo they have each year! We decided that we'd even try and look the part, so my sisters and I went out on a mission through Layton City to try and find the cheapest cowboy hats we could find...the winning $12, "made of 100% paper" cowboy hats were found at Wal-Mart. Those hats were put to good use, and we're excited to use them next year :) The rodeo was way fun, as usual...my favorite part was the beginning where the skydivers brought the flag into the arena! I want to do that someday, I think it would be so cool! We chose to go on a good night, because that group of singers in the picture is actually the second generation Osmond's! It was fun to hear them sing! What a talented group of young men! Overall, Pioneer Day was a lot of fun and we're looking forward to next year!!









No comments: